Computer monitor evolution

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Are there possibilities of a computer monitor with the capabilities of the iphone in the future?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The best you can hope for, and is the most likely, is a tablet form Apple with an iPhone-like touchscreen and software for touching. Think "around" 10" with multi-touch. It will have a flash hard disk too.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The best you can hope for, and is the most likely, is a tablet form Apple with an iPhone-like touchscreen and software for touching. Think "around" 10" with multi-touch. It will have a flash hard disk too.

What do you think Ireland......macworld 09? I don't think they have time to debut it in 08 because there is just too much on their plate right now.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Multi-touch computer displays are coming in the near future... but I wouldn't want to pay for one, or use it for an extended period.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

Multi-touch computer displays are coming in the near future... but I wouldn't want to pay for one, or use it for an extended period.

Or clean one up when I wanted to do graphics work on the darned thing after multi-touching everything in sight with my peanut buttery mitts.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stuckonapple View Post

Are there possibilities of a computer monitor with the capabilities of the iphone in the future?

I would venture to say that we'll see touch screens in all Macs within 3 years.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Large (such as 10") high resolution touch screens are still too expensive. If Apple will introduce such a product, either it will be smaller than 10" or it will be later than MWSF 2009.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Someone needs to explain to me why a Cintiq 12UX is $999...when I can get a full up tablet PC for $500 more from Lenovo.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Ok, I guess I'll have to be the first one to step out and disagree. I don't think touchscreens makes much sense in the capacity of a monitor of sorts. I think that contextual keyboards will exist that are based on touch. I also think these keyboards will replace the mouse as they will act as a large track pad when triggered by the right gestures. Even El Jobso said he didn't know how much sense touch monitors made. A tablet with touch? Yes, possibly. An iMac with touch? I'll stick with a contextual keyboard.