Old bug, but still amusing to me

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~ceugene/adm/watchagain.mov"; target="_blank">http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~ceugene/adm/watchagain.mov</a>; - 12 MB

A few months ago I found this bug. I decided to play with it again...I was also wondering if they had fixed it. It looks like they half-fixed it because I can't hide Cocoa apps mid-minimization anymore. I can still do it while maximizing though.

The cool part is that the window is still responsive.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lol, that's hilarious.. I tried minimizing the window with your movie in it, and it was half transparent too.

After I expanded and froze the window, I did a "close window" and the window went away, but the part of the window still in the dock that hadn't started to maximize stayed there as a broken window and then new Omniweb windows had their minimize button permanently pressed and the close button wouldn't work... wierd

Code Master
  • Reply 2 of 5
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    (lol) Nice find. It's like a magic trick.

Love how the window follows the Dock around, like a balloon on a string. And how it loads as normal (or as normal it can) even in it's half-squished state.

Can you have several of these at the same time?

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: Hobbes ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Could someone explain this textually (and how to do it)? My poor old 56k modem does not mix well with 12 MB movie files.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Wow that's weird!

Eugene how'd you do this? And why is it there (feature or bug? or both as M$ would say)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    graphite -

if you hide an application while it's expanding from the dock - it stops midway and you can go back to see it frozen halfway in the middle

it's like a large column (since he was using the genie effect) and you can still use the app, navigate the web in this case with Omniweb - just everything in it is smooshed and distorted - you can drag it around and everything

and you can move the dock on either side of the screen and the 'genie' effect points the window funnel down into it.