Using a Hong Kong 3G iPhone in the US

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi, I recently bought a 3G iPhone in Hong Kong. It has no service locks. Now I am moving to Connecticut, and was wondering if the iPhone would work there? I understand that I can using it through roaming, but I want to use it on a US network.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cminxi View Post

Hi, I recently bought a 3G iPhone in Hong Kong. It has no service locks. Now I am moving to Connecticut, and was wondering if the iPhone would work there? I understand that I can using it through roaming, but I want to use it on a US network.

The Hong Kong iPhone is carrier unlocked. You can use it on any network, US, or otherwise, that supports GPRS or 3G, by simply sticking in the local SIM. There are no networks that block users based on what model of phone they choose to use.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The Hong Kong iPhone is carrier unlocked. You can use it on any network, US, or otherwise, that supports GPRS or 3G, by simply sticking in the local SIM. There are no networks that block users based on what model of phone they choose to use.

Dear Tonton-

do you know if Japan's Softbank iPhone is also carrier unlocked?

And do you know if a US iPhone on ATT can be used in HKG by swapping in a pre-paid Hong Kong SIM card?

Thanks,

tt