Quicktime Broadcaster Issues.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm trying to use Quicktime Broadcaster for live streaming an event over the web for work. I've got a couple of problems doing this, and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.5.4, Quicktime Broadcaster version 1.5.2, and a SonyHDV 1080i/Mini DV camera.

Because I've using a digital camera, I SHOULD be able to use a firewire to broadcast directly from the camera to the computer, but Broadcaster doesn't recognize my camera that way. There is no source option for my camera after I plug it in; broadcaster only shows Built-In-Sight as a source option. I checked in iMovie, and the camera registers with that program, so I know it was plugged in correctly. Broadcaster just won't recognize it. Why is this an issue?

I've also tried using a DV converter with the camera. I plugged everything in correctly, and DV Converter is an option for the source, which I chose. BUT after choosing DV Converter as the source, no preview of the video for the camera shows. It will only show a preview for Built-In-Sight. Broadcasting from the converter to the web doesn't work either, so it isn't just an issue with the preview. Before getting the HDV camera, we used an analog camera to broadcaster through the DV Converter. The converter just isn't working with the HDV camera.

Because we invested so much money in the HDV camera, we're willing to buy another broadcasting software that will work for us, BUT I can't seem to find one that is legitimately worth the money.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for me? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    Sorry for digging up this old thread, but since it turns up unanswered when doing a Google search I thought I would provide an answer:

Quicktime Broadcaster only recognises DV streams. Since the camera is HDV, you should look into the camera's option and switch the output to DV. In doing so Quicktime Broadcaster will see the camera. If you wish to broadcast HDV video, then at this point you should look into alternative software.