Beatles not expected to go online until 2009

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Those hoping to fill out their iTunes libraries with the Beatles' music will have a little while longer to wait, if Mojo magazine's off the record report is true.

Having interviewed Sir Paul McCartney for its October issue, the publication also alleges that it's heard the remastered Beatles albums now won't be available at iTunes or elsewhere until sometime in 2009; over a year ago, similar claims were being made about 2008.

Part of the delay may stem from the sheer variety of remasters that may be offered. Mojo says it was invited to sample 10 newly remastered tracks from The White Album that sounded "better even than we'd hoped" but that all but one live album have been remade in three mixes, ranging from the mono records, which were common for most of the Beatles' career, to the initial stereo mixes made for certain albums and the 1987 stereo mixes for the British group's first CD transfers.

Fan site What Goes On attempts to make a connection between Apple's "Let's Rock" event on the 9th and the possibility of an advance notice of a Beatles deal, but previous reports have also said Apple is likely to avoid content talk at the press gathering.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Who cares? I mean what Beatles fan doesn't have their songs on their iPods by now? Such a non story.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The Beatles also sell CD's. If you cared about them in the first place you'd already own them all. Enough of this Beatles crap.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The Beatles also sell CD's. If you cared about them in the first place you'd already own them all. Enough of this Beatles crap.

Not necessarily true, my friend.

I am STILL waiting for someone, anyone, to release a CD of the Rubber Soul album as it was originally released in the USA. The English version mixes tunes from the Yesterday and Today album and just totally messes up the play.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Have the Beatles released new material? No? OK. Who cares then? Seriously.

And I already have a british import "Rubber Soul" with the correct listing. So no biggie.

And if I was a true Beatles fan I would have them all on vinyl. Not weak bit rate rips with DRM on em.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bothaus View Post

And I already have a british import "Rubber Soul" with the correct listing. So no biggie.

And if I was a true Beatles fan I would have them all on vinyl. Not weak bit rate rips with DRM on em.

True too.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bothaus View Post

Have Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Handel or Vivaldi released any "new" material? No? Well, heck, by your logic we should banish them as well to the "who cares" department.

Your preferences, or lack of them, should in no way impede mine, or anyone else's ability to find what I want, when I want it, on iTunes.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Have Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Handel or Vivaldi released any "new" material? No? Well, heck, by your logic we should banish them as well to the "who cares" department.

Your preferences, or lack of them, should in no way impede mine, or anyone else's ability to find what I want, when I want it, on iTunes.

Wow, your reading comprehension skills are limited. He was just pointing out how ridiculous it is that the Beatles keep popping up as being iTunes possibilities. It would be just as ridiculous if you substituted Handel as being some big deal, coming to iTunes maybe in 2009... It's non-news.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

Wow, your reading comprehension skills are limited. He was just pointing out how ridiculous it is that the Beatles keep popping up as being iTunes possibilities. It would be just as ridiculous if you substituted Handel as being some big deal, coming to iTunes maybe in 2009... It's non-news.

My reading comprehension skills are just fine, but thanks for checking.

My point was/is that any artist coming to iTunes at some date could be a very big deal indeed to some people, including folks who simply cannot afford to replace worn or broken albums at today's prices, but could afford a Nano and a download. Just because some of you can afford to buy and play vinyl on audiophile equipment does not make iTunes availability a lessor thing.

I could care less if it is a big deal to YOU or not.

However, I am beginning to understand why all news now has to be "breaking". Apparently It's to capture many posters limited attention span.