First iPod nano 4G photo hits the web

Comments

• Reply 41 of 115
    hattighattig Posts: 860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wonderkid View Post

If you walk into a Sony showroom, you can buy the more flexible (built in FM Radios, video playback etc) Sony Walkman devices. They are more sexy and easier to navigate than the iPods too featuring a seperate Home button and Dpad that is a lot faster than a scroll wheel combo. (Hence Dpads a featured on every mobile phone/PDA today.) And even if this was not the case, why is there such excitement over a fairly boring device from Apple? If Apple were about to launch a multi-touch web tablet, iPhone Nano or 10mm thin iMac, I would see reason for all the drama, but to me, this is an embarassment to Apple - too much hype over nothing.

Dpads are terrible for navigating large collections of music. Radio reception is pretty useless on the underground as well, never mind the fact that the entire point of these devices is to escape from the repetitive annoyance of commercial radio.

I agree that it is only an iPod nano, and it's looking like a curved version of the 2G with the screen turned around, but people are interested because they want to know if they should buy the current gen or not.
  • Reply 42 of 115
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    What's wrong with this picture?

• Reply 43 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The problem with that picture is that the iPod cable no longer has such a large dock connector end. They're smaller now unless Apple has been depleting their stock of the cables by placing them with the nanos.
  • Reply 44 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warbrain View Post

The problem with that picture is that the iPod cable no longer has such a large dock connector end. They're smaller now unless Apple has been depleting their stock of the cables by placing them with the nanos.

I'm seeing two other things that scream fake.
  • Reply 45 of 115
    Quote:

I'm seeing two other things that scream fake.

I'm thinking the crappy plastic holder around the iPod is not at all legit. Apple uses those hard plastic pieces to make it look like the iPod is floating.
  • Reply 46 of 115
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warbrain View Post

I'm thinking the crappy plastic holder around the iPod is not at all legit. Apple uses those hard plastic pieces to make it look like the iPod is floating.

To me, that part looks pretty similar to the one used to hold the 2nd gen nano. The nano itself doesn't seem to have the same ellipse curves at the edges as the purported new version does. I'm not comfortable with the jaggies that show up on the edges of the items in the picture, but that could just be poor scaling as everything has the jaggy.
  • Reply 47 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

To me, that part looks pretty similar to the one used to hold the 2nd gen nano. The nano itself doesn't seem to have the same ellipse curves at the edges as the purported new version does. I'm not comfortable with the jaggies that show up on the edges of the items in the picture, but that could just be poor scaling as everything has the jaggy.

The lack of tapering on the Nano and Dock insert, and the use of the old green colour from the 2G Nano are the other two things that tell me it's a fake.
  • Reply 48 of 115
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    The photo looks real enough, IMHO, and the fuziness would probably be attributed to taking the photo using a low quality camera, with no flash, in indoor lighting conditions.
  • Reply 49 of 115
    The screen looks like Pac-Man took a bunch of nibbles out of it all the way around the screen!
  • Reply 50 of 115
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

'This' pic could well be faked - it's nothing like the orange one. Look at the button in the centre of the click wheel This one has a concave indent while the orange one is flush and curved with the rest of the case - convex.

The screen on this one is flat, as is the rest of it, the orange one is curved. The upper edge of the screen in this pic does not exhibit a curve. Because this is more or less a straight on top down shot, it is a good candidate for the trivial job of lengthening the screen portion to make it look longer.

I suspect this shot is disinformation designed to be obviously fake and made to look as if it is from the same source as the original orange one so as to fool people into thinking the original is a fake.

Look at the button in the midle of the click wheel ones concave the other convex.

Try again Apple.
  • Reply 51 of 115
    Perhaps this Nano has a screen like the iPhone/iTouch which when turned horizontally provides a landscape view of videos etc.
  • Reply 52 of 115
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    And if any of these are real - Apple is doing a real bad "Job" at keeping thin gs secret

Some of these are likely to be guesses, and pretty good ones if I say so myself, but some are likely to be the natural progression of Apple and the iPod designs.

I mean, we all know (or at least think), apple will want to make it;

- Cooler

- Thinner

- Thicker

- Taller

- Shorter

- Rounder (hell you can base this on the AirMac)

- Slicker

- Neater

- Better looking

- New colors

Heck, what are people asking or saying they'd like to see the new iPods look like ? ok then, let's make a mock-up of what people are asking for, it's likely to be close to what Apple will do, after all. they do listen a little bit to what folks say, after all, they are making these things for us.

It's got to be enough different, to make us buy or at least consider buying the "Latest and Greatest"!

I love looking at these, and I'm sure Steve and company do as well.

I'm wondering, if none of these are real, but Apple does announce something close or just like these, who is going to sue who
  • Reply 53 of 115
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    The Orange iPod is real, the Green is fake.

Offset docks still fit fine in the universal dock, just like the offset port of the 2nd gen iPod does.

The screen is not curved it is flat, the case is curved and the screen is recessed at the middle.
  • Reply 54 of 115
    Quote:

The iPod looks like the older aluminium version with rounded endges, stretched. Also suspicious that the packaging isn't shown in full.
  • Reply 55 of 115
    Until Tuesday rolls around, I'm going to say these new photos and the orange version photo are both fake.

I'm going out on a limb and will say the new nano will be the same size as the old nano, but with a full touch screen front. That would cement a leadership position for Apple and it would account for the extra expense they spoke of in their last conference call.
  • Reply 56 of 115
    Far fetched, I know!!! 16gb is inevitable, but I would be sold on a 32gb nano!!!
  • Reply 57 of 115
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Here's the thing that bugs me about all of these 'leaked' photos:

1) With camera technology the way it is now, why are the photos always so blurry?

2) If these photos were real, wouldn't Apple legal be sending out nasty letters right about now?
  • Reply 58 of 115
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

So were the leaked images of IT all fake?

YES.... I still believe IT is a hovercraft and Dean is just keeping it all for himself....

D
  • Reply 59 of 115
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I like it, this is what I wanted instead of the "fatboy" nano design. Is there anyway the capacities will be bumped? I don't think so, it seems like flash expansion has slowed down for the past year.
  • Reply 60 of 115
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote: