Boot Camp Right Click on MacBook Trackpad doesn't work

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Anyone else noticed that right click in Boot Camp doesn't work?

I have a MacBook Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz with XP SP2. Just installed Boot Camp. Noticed this in Boot Camp 2.0 and 2.1. I noticed the Apple Support Forums are full of threads regarding this.

The right click won't work with either the two-finger tap or a Control-click.

Anyone else seen this? Solutions/thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    If you place two fingers on the trackpad (just hold them there) and then click the button, it will be a right-click. At least this works for me with Vista (don't know about XP.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Anyone else noticed that right click in Boot Camp doesn't work?

I have a MacBook Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz with XP SP2. Just installed Boot Camp. Noticed this in Boot Camp 2.0 and 2.1. I noticed the Apple Support Forums are full of threads regarding this.

The right click won't work with either the two-finger tap or a Control-click.

Anyone else seen this? Solutions/thoughts?

• Reply 2 of 3
    jedi1025jedi1025 Posts: 1member
    the upcoming boot camp 3.0 software with snow leopard will let your trackpad work in windows identically to mac os x. right down to ignoring accidental input and drag locking.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jedi1025 View Post

the upcoming boot camp 3.0 software with snow leopard will let your trackpad work in windows identically to mac os x. right down to ignoring accidental input and drag locking.

Yep, but taking 10 minutes to boot the OS and ending up with no RAM left is a Vista-only feature.