Genius seems to suck

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Every song I've tried so far gets me a pop up saying "Genius is unavailable for the song xxxxx"

seriously, even for stuff available ON the iTunes store! if thats not suckage.. well how IS IT ment to work?

anyone else stuck with this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

Every song I've tried so far gets me a pop up saying "Genius is unavailable for the song xxxxx"

seriously, even for stuff available ON the iTunes store! if thats not suckage.. well how IS IT ment to work?

Well of course it doesn't work great yet "genius"! (pun intended)

Millions of itunes users have to have their profiles uploaded first and the software was just released. Wait a while. Gawd, I thought that was excruciatingly obvious to everyone!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

I have been running Genius through it's paces, using as many songs as I can for a basis, and I find that it works quite well. The lists are getting better, and going more into obscurity in my library. It really is digging up songs that I haven't heard, and they fit together nicely.

It's the feature that I've always wanted, and I didn't know it. IMHO, Apple's done it again.

Give it time.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I don't like the fact that this 'anonymous' service requires me to log into the iTunes store. If it is truly anonymous, why does it need to be attached to my iTMS account? For this reason I have disabled Genius on my computers.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'm pretty happy with it so far. It took some time for it to read through my library (25000+ songs) and get set up initially but after that was out of the way it provides some very interesting playlists.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Genius is working kick ass for me. There has been one song it didn't give me a playlist for (Dweezil Zappa's "My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama") but that song, and CD are nearly impossible to find any more. Although it did give me some songs referenced in the iTMS that went with it really well. I am really impressed with it.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Genius for me has failed miserably. Great idea but not of use for people with music collections like mine.

Either it can't find the song/artist, or it simply suggests more songs by that same artist.

I'm sure works better for others though. It would have to right?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    It's been unavailable for every track I've tried so far.