What should I do with my Mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys,

Ok... I will be buying a MBP early October.

At the moment I have a 20" Core Duo iMac. Its In perfect working order besides the fact that it cannot BURN DVD's. It can read both CD and DVD however it can only burn CD's. My question is, What can I do? What should I do with this iMac?

Below are some ideas ive brainstormed, feel free to share and comment.

1. Fix Superdrive (For god knows how much?) and then sell it.

2. Do NOT fix DVD burn prob and sell as is - Will anyone buy it? How much would I get for it?

3. Maybe local private Mac techies would purchase it as project?

Anyways, what I want to do is sell it and get the most out of it. Whats the best way to do that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Just curious - have you tried several brands of blank DVD-R? I had what I thought was a similar problem with my iMac; it turns out that it merely didn't appreciate being fed the Memorex discs I'd picked up and instead preferred Verbatim or Fuji. Once I switched brands it decided to cooperate.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Too bad you can't turn it into a fish tank
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felix-x34 View Post

Hey guys,

Ok... I will be buying a MBP early October.

At the moment I have a 20" Core Duo iMac. Its In perfect working order besides the fact that it cannot BURN DVD's. It can read both CD and DVD however it can only burn CD's. My question is, What can I do? What should I do with this iMac?

Below are some ideas ive brainstormed, feel free to share and comment.

1. Fix Superdrive (For god knows how much?) and then sell it.

2. Do NOT fix DVD burn prob and sell as is - Will anyone buy it? How much would I get for it?

3. Maybe local private Mac techies would purchase it as project?

Anyways, what I want to do is sell it and get the most out of it. Whats the best way to do that?

For under $100, you can get a LaCie or other external burner that will be faster and probably more versatile than the Superdrive. OR, just use the superdrive in the new MBP.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    give it to me.