HELP!!!!! - Someone using my main address for SPAM

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I don't have any idea why this is happening. Someone seems to be using my main mac.com email address, which I've had since iTools was announced and use as my main email address, as a return address for mass spamming.

How do I stop this? I've changed my password to make sure my address isn't actually being used as the email source. Can a spammer just spoof anyone's email address as a return address so easily?

I have to delete 50-100 bounced email messages per day when this happens. I'm also afraid my email address will be blacklisted.

Please help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Nothing you can really do, and it's extremely easy to send email from any address you like. You just need a mail server. Usually wait a week or so and the emails will likely subside. The spammers love using other people's emails, but they don't stick with one terribly long.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

Nothing you can really do, and it's extremely easy to send email from any address you like. You just need a mail server. Usually wait a week or so and the emails will likely subside. The spammers love using other people's emails, but they don't stick with one terribly long.

This is the third time it's happened in a week, and the second time in as many days.