Shutdown takes 10 min. Mouse not connected.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just finished setting-up a digital sign in a local Mall. The sign is powered by a Mac Mini and it works great, except for two annoying issues:

1- The scheduled shut-down time is at 10:30 pm which works great, but an annoying pop-up window appears at that time to tell me that the computer will shut down in 10 minutes. Does anyone know how to either eliminate this window or change the duration from 10 min to something less, a lot less?

2- I do not need a keyboard or a mouse attached to this Mac Mini however, every time it boots up a pop-up window appears saying that there is no mouse attached and that it is trying to look for a Bluetooth mouse instead. I turned-off Bluetooth and the message still appears! Does anyone know how to eliminate this message?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

1- The scheduled shut-down time is at 10:30 pm which works great, but an annoying pop-up window appears at that time to tell me that the computer will shut down in 10 minutes. Does anyone know how to either eliminate this window or change the duration from 10 min to something less, a lot less?

Schedule a script to run instead - you can use Lingon to configure launchd:

http://lingon.sourceforge.net/

Launchd is the new event scheduler that is replacing cron.

You'd just add a task like:

sudo shutdown

and then set what time it is supposed to happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

2- I do not need a keyboard or a mouse attached to this Mac Mini however, every time it boots up a pop-up window appears saying that there is no mouse attached and that it is trying to look for a Bluetooth mouse instead. I turned-off Bluetooth and the message still appears! Does anyone know how to eliminate this message?

Thank you in advance.

System prefs > bluetooth > settings uncheck open bluetooth assistant at boot when no input devices present.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks Marvin... Your suggestions worked great!