Jaguar and DAVE

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I use DAVE to my windows and mac network. Can I say goodbye to DAVE after install JAG?

Would I uninstall DAVE before install JAGUAR?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Most people "Clean Install" when they install a new OS.

That is, they back up all their files, erase the hard disk, re-install the OS, all the applications and copy the files back.

I know that Jaguar allows you to ACCESS Windows file and printer shares better than DAVE, but I don't think it is able to SHARE files/printers using Windows file and printer sharing.

Barto
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well, I'm not sure about printer sharing in Windows but I'm pretty sure you can share your files/folders on a Windows network. Apple's Jaguar page says that files/folders show up on a Windows computer just like any other Windows computer sharing on that network. I use dave currently and I can't get it to work most of the time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but in any case once 10.2 is here I'm parting ways with Dave.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    Jag shares files to Windows machines too. Right now by default Windows machines can only access their home directories (even though you can edit smb.conf to change this), but I'm pretty sure within days of Jag shipping we'll see a nice UI to share anything you want.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ok, im running 6c106, and i am trying to get windows file sharing to work between my mac and my roomates gateway running WinME. i can see his computer on the network, but how do i get his computer to see mine? where do go on his machine to set it up?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I'm wondering about printer sharing. Will I be able to accessed shares SMB printers? WIll I be able to *share* SMB printers?