Canucks out of luck for 16GB iPod nano until mid-October

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Canadians hoping to grab a 16GB iPod nano could be out of luck for nearly a month, unless they live near one of Apple's few retail outlets in the country.

According to the product listings for both Best Buy Canada and its sibling Future Shop, all but one color of the larger-capacity models aren't due to ship until October 17th -- more than a month after they were first announced.

Some other models aren't scheduled to appear until September 25th.

The wide gap between the unveiling and release reinforces beliefs that Apple was caught unawares by the Zune 16GB announcement, with 8GB iPod nanos well into production while 16GB models have been delayed by at least a week in some circumstances.

The listings also confirm next-week availability of Apple's unofficial 4GB models: limited quantities of the devices should be available by Monday in the retail chains.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I just checked the website for The Apple Store (Canada) and they list the 16GB nanos shipping in 5 - 7 business days.

EDIT: The Apple Store now shows 16GB nanos shipping in 1 - 3 business days. Future Shop shows "Out of Stock: Will ship when available."
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Future Shop is now listing the 16GB iPod nano for $199 CAD compared to $219 CAD from the Apple Store.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The $199 price from Future Shop appears to be when you order online & have it shipped to you. In store it will cost you $219.

I ordered mine online and the shipping cost was only $5, so I saved $15 and will have it shipped to my door.