Systems Preferences will not wokr

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Although I have not added any software (two updates though), I am getting an error message on Network in Systems Preferences "Your network settings have been changed by another application". I click on OK and the message returns and will not allow me to do anything in Systems Preferences. Moreover, I cannot close Network so I have to use Force Quit to stop.

I removed one update and the problem remained. The other update was Security Update 2008-006 (intel)

My OS is 10.4.11 and my iMac is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I still have access to the internet.

Any help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by switchfromdell View Post

Although I have not added any software (two updates though), I am getting an error message on Network in Systems Preferences "Your network settings have been changed by another application". I click on OK and the message returns and will not allow me to do anything in Systems Preferences. Moreover, I cannot close Network so I have to use Force Quit to stop.

I removed one update and the problem remained. The other update was Security Update 2008-006 (intel)

My OS is 10.4.11 and my iMac is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I still have access to the internet.

Any help?

Look at the Console log. Open Console in Utilities.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Have you installed any VPN or network drivers?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Have you installed any VPN or network drivers?

No but I found the problem,,,it was the Security update 2008-006 (Software Updates) in which many, many users had the same problem using Tiger. I was able to stop the message by continually using the return key until it stopped.

Apple needs to fix in its Software Updates.