Nano 4G won't play nice with Sony car radio...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
OK this is pissing me off.

I bought this Sony CDX-GT55-IP, especially because it has an iPod dock connector. I tested it with a 1G Nano and it worked fine, today I connect my new 4G nano and it says Accesory not supported (the iPod says that)

Any way to get these to play nice together? Cause this just sucks...

Manuals of the Sony are here:

http://www.sony.be/lang/nl/product/i...ageType=manual

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Apparently there's more to it. Normally when you connect an iPod the XPlod logo should appear on screen of the iPod. This afternoon it briefly did appear on the screen, be it too high so part of it "fell off" the screen. the iPod said charging wasn't supported, which is normal I guess. Then the radio tried to read into the iPod but it gave a read error. When I disconnected and tried again, the XPlod logo didn't appear on the screen anymore, just a black screen with a silver apple and the message that charging wasn't supported and the ipod could be removed. Again the radio tried to read but gave a read error.

Is this just incompatibility or is there something wrong with the connector of my iPod? This is a very recent radio, only released this year.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Hi there,

I just spoke with a SONY representative and they said it's the ipod that is not compatible with the cd deck. Apparently it has to do with the new configuration of the ipods/usb cables so they are only good for charging now.

I know, it's a huge piss off. Now I have to make sure my ipod is fully charged before taking it in the car because otherwise no such luck playing it.

I love Apple but seriously...they change things sometimes too often and mess with a good thing. Products can't keep up in the compatibility race.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    It works just fine in our car stereo... It is also a sony...