Apple Failing MobileMe Test

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
OK, now that I have had a chance to consider this whole matter about Apple's failure to support MobileMe, I am even more disgruntled. Today, Time Capsule had to be reformatted because, if the MacBook Pro is put to sleep while doing a backup, the disk gets corrupted, either gradually or all at once. This problem, too, could easily be prevented though the use of some protection built into the software, but the best the support staff could offer was, "the user must make a minor behavior change and never close the lid on the laptop if the (tiny) backup icon is spinning." So, this, on top of the MobileMe fiasco, and I am in the disgruntled user category. Anyoone know the most read blogs about Apple. I am ready to send this thread as an illustration of how Apple is falling from the tree. Here is the thread with Support regarding the duplicate email issues:

###BEGIN THREAD WITH APPLE TECH SUPPORT###

I do not think you understand my point, fully. It was not appreciated that you suggested restoring deleted messages to my Inbox when you have NO idea when I will get a response from Engineering, and that would create an entirely unusable unworkable situation.

When will you next contact the engineering team regarding this matter? I will be reminding you at least 1-2 times per week until this matter is resolved.

I would like this issue escalated to Apple management, in fact. This is completely unacceptable, that you have no idea when engineering will respond, and it is foolish of Apple not to have expectations that engineering will respond within a set time period. At this point, if I could, I would return my MacBook Pro, my Time Capsule, all of the software, my iPhone, and my subscription to MobileMe as a protest against this utterly inadequate response-- if I could get a complete refund. I invested over $7000.00 into a transition which has had just as many problems or more than I ever had with Microsoft's products.

Alternatively, I may start a website along the lines of "MobileMe is Worse than You Can Imagine," if someone has not done so, already. At this point, I will do my best to convince others to stay away from Apple products, for the time being, and it is largely because of MobileMe's failed rollout.

So, no, I do not think you quite appreciate the depth of my dismay regarding this and other matters related to my use of Apple products over the past six months.

If someone else at Apple cares to deal with this matter, I can be reached by phone at 510-734-0885

Gregory Alter, Ph.D, NeuroAdvantage

On Sep 25, 2008, at 8:05 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Gregory,

I completely understanding that you want to have this matter resolved as soon as possible so you do not have the junk of duplicate emails in your Mail. Unforunately, at this time, there is not an estimated time of when this will be resolved. Once I do hear something from the Engineering team, I will be sure to reply back to you! I do apologize for this.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Juliana

MobleMe Support

http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/ww

http://www.me.com/help

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

How soon do you expect a reply? What is the goal for turnaround on a request like this. If you will please note, I have many hundreds of emails in my Trash, many of which are duplicates. Please direct the engineering team to inspect the Trash folder if they need to observe detailed header information. Without some additional reason, I really do not want to clutter my workspace with all these duplicates. I will leave the duplicates that are there, now, and I will let them accumulate for 3 days at a time, if that meets the needs of Apple. Thanks for your help with this vexing matter.

Gregory Alter, Ph.D., NeuroAdvantage

On Wednesday, September 24, 2008, at 01:06PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Greg,

Thank you for changing the password that I have requested in the previous email. I was able to reenact the issue to where you are seeing duplicate emails in both the Mail application and in WebMail. I do want to request that you put the emails that are duplicated back in your inbox. So, you can just undelete them.

I am requesting this because I have provided the details of your report to the MobileMe Engineering team. As always, the Engineering team appreciates feedback as part of its efforts to resolve issues and improve the MobileMe experience. They may need to test out your account, so this is why you need to leave the emails in your inbox.

I will reply back to you once I do hear something from the Engineering team. I do apologize for this. If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will be able to assist you.

Sincerely,

Juliana

MobleMe Support

http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/ww

http://www.me.com/help

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

OK, Juliana, have at it! I do hope you can figure this out, since I am

being spammed by my own email, at this point, with dozens and now

hundreds of duplicate emails coming in.

Greg Alter

###END THREAD WITH APPLE TECH SUPPORT###

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    You didn't even give her 24 hours to fix your little problem.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    begbeg Posts: 53member
    Ehhh, uh nice rant Mr. PHD. Maybe you should look into using your own product to solve your issues...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    *Sigh*

You put your laptop to sleep while it was doing a backup?

Also, sending threats to support and then posting it on random internet forums will not solve your problem, or make you feel better.

I suggest you calm down a little and let the support people do their job. Then maybe they can fix the problems you are having instead of having to deal with your abusive emails.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I don't want to go reading that but chances are I agree. My experiences with Mobile Me were absolutely terrible. Terrible.

Though lots of things have been fixed, it was REALLY bad, my email still takes 2 days to match my Mobile Me inbox to that of my local Mac inbox. It's disappointing from an Apple product, to say the least.