iMac Help!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am new to the iMac so I did a very dumb thing today. I have a Sony camera that burns the pictures right into a small camera CD. Well, I put it into the iMac on the side and now, not only did it not read... I can't get it out! Did this every happen to anyone? Any suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post

I am new to the iMac so I did a very dumb thing today. I have a Sony camera that burns the pictures right into a small camera CD. Well, I put it into the iMac on the side and now, not only did it not read... I can't get it out! Did this every happen to anyone? Any suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks.

I don't know how to help you besides saying to make an appoint at your local Apple store or certified repair tech. Unfortunately the slot loading optical drives used by Apple are not compatible with the mini-CD/DVDs. There normally would be a little pin hole for emergency elect, but apparently Ive thought it would hurt the aesthetics or something. Basically, the machine has to be torn apart to recover that disc.