Window for rumored October 14 Apple event closing

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by themoonisdown09 View Post

I don't think there will be an event. I just think that they will be silently updated.

I agree! Apple is a very disciplined company. There not going to pussyfoot around a product release or try to time economy or an election. They refresh or update their MB/P line every October. I expect new models this month with an Intel chipset in the MB. They don't need to throw a parade... A simple "We'll Be Back Shortly" will do.
  • Reply 62 of 73
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaiser777 View Post

Blu-ray support would be nice.

I don't know why that's so funny.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bulky Cranium View Post

I stopped by our local (British Columbia) Apple dealer yesterday to see the difference between a 17" standard MacBook Display & the HiDef one & they had none in stock. Macbooks, yes, but no MacBook Pro's. The dealer said his sources are the same as mine (online rumours - other than his dwindling supply chain) but he was expecting something mid month. BTW - Apple authorized dealer - not an Apple store.

There you go. Apple does a great job of clearing older models from its distribution system over a very short time. A precise introduction date at this point is less important than reports that retail stocks are being cleared out. If this is happening in British Columbia, we ought to be seeing similar stockouts occurring elsewhere, so more reports about conditions at your local stores would help to confirm the rumors.
  • Reply 64 of 73
    mchumanmchuman Posts: 154member
    In 2006, the MacBook Pro itself was introduced silently in the morning.
  • Reply 65 of 73
    My spies in Rwanda tell me that a new Bimbo sized AL laptop will be launched on St Mugabe Day

Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Looking at http://www.newegg.com , I see that they are out of stock for ALL Apple Laptops except the Macbook Air. Also, the University I attend has started a close out sale for Macbooks, dropping the already low educational pricing down another ~$200 due to what they said was going to be an update of Macbooks around Oct 14th. I don't know what, if anything, they might know, but these signs seem to be pointing in a hopeful direction.

• Reply 66 of 73
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chusan01 View Post

My spies in Rwanda tell me that a new Bimbo sized AL laptop will be launched on St Mugabe Day

I bet your spies are wrong...
  • Reply 67 of 73
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by McHuman View Post

In 2006, the MacBook Pro itself was introduced silently in the morning.

If you count a Macworld Expo keynote (complete with Intel CEO Paul Otellini emerging dressed in a bunny suit and a One More Thing announcement) as being silent, then sure!

http://www.macworld.com/article/4884...vekeynote.html
  • Reply 68 of 73
    foobarfoobar Posts: 107member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dshel View Post

The stock has lost more than 50% of it's value in a little over a month. Apple Investors won't catch up for years regardless of earnings.

Remember when the stock doubled in a year? The stock generally moves twice as fast as the market, in either direction. It didn't lose value because people lost their faith in AAPL. (FUD is always being spread.) It went down, because investors needed money, and because there is fear of an economic meltdown, which Apple couldn't withstand, either. Everybode knows Apple is one of the companies best equipped to withstand a crisis. They have loads of cash, so they don't need credits, and they can buy innovative companies (Fingerworks, PA Semi) cheaply.

Just don't look at the chart, relax, and wait a few years. If you can't wait that long, you shouldn't put your money in stocks.
  • Reply 69 of 73
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelb View Post

If you count a Macworld Expo keynote (complete with Intel CEO Paul Otellini emerging dressed in a bunny suit and a One More Thing announcement) as being silent, then sure!

http://www.macworld.com/article/4884...vekeynote.html

He was a very quiet bunny.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDave View Post

I don't know why that's so funny.

What's funny about it?
  • Reply 71 of 73
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
  • Reply 72 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Gruber bitch slaps!

Lots of lots of pontification and guess what? Gruber's not always right, but he certainly got this right.

Columbus day? Why would that slow Apple down?

Who cares about Canada Turkeyday down here?

Just kidding. I used to live up there.
  • Reply 73 of 73
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Where is all the gloating to the ones who said that the "window" for the possibility of an event on the 14th was closing?