Xperia

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi,

I got a chance to briefly play around with the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 today.

Overall, I don't see it as strong competitor to the iPhone. The screen felt small and crammed. Tiny menu items. Obviously designed for a stylus ("who wants a stylus?").

Internet Explorer was not really functional. I brought up a leading Swedish news site, and it started showing big scrollbars around the all the frames. Couldn't get it to scroll down with my finger.

On the plus side, it did feel sturdy and well designed. Nice metal shell and keyboard.

Anyone else tried it?

/Daniel

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post

Hi,

I got a chance to briefly play around with the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 today.

Overall, I don't see it as strong competitor to the iPhone. The screen felt small and crammed. Tiny menu items. Obviously designed for a stylus ("who wants a stylus?").

Internet Explorer was not really functional. I brought up a leading Swedish news site, and it started showing big scrollbars around the all the frames. Couldn't get it to scroll down with my finger.

On the plus side, it did feel sturdy and well designed. Nice metal shell and keyboard.

Anyone else tried it?

/Daniel

Not available here in the USA yet. :/

How much did it cost?

Anyways, if you are using a Windows Mobile smartphone, get the Skyfire web-browser. I predict it will be the best WM browser. Overall, I don't think horizontal QWERTY slider phones will do that well due to ergonomic reasons. So, these types of designs are kind of for niche mobile geek or texting market.

Also, it looks to me that HTC did a better job then Sony-Ericsson on a new UI shell for WM. Samsung Touchwiz is probably better too. So, if you get your hands on a HTC Touch HD, I'm interested in hearing a first hand report.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Its made by HTC so will be solid build wise. However I think its quite expensive and its still only just a WM phone. No way can it compete with iphone in terms of usability. Looks wise though its nice I guess and its packing a lot of RAM.286 or something I think.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The X1 is an arc-slider phone with the Windows Mobile 6.1 Operating System. It is Sony Ericsson's first mobile phone to feature Windows Mobile.

=====================================

Thomson

Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.

[email protected]