How to transfer Library to new Mac.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well I'm going to purchase an iMac to replace my old eMac and I have no idea how to transfer all my music to the new computer... besides creating back up DVD's. I own an external HD if that helps. My iTunes library is completely organized, I have artwork for about 90% of my music and everything is neatly organized from Artiest to Albums. I was wondering if there's anyway I could transfer everything including all my Artwork which was a lot of work without having to start from square one. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Use the external HD, Google it, you need the library and another file I believe. Gotta go!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnobn View Post

Well I'm going to purchase an iMac to replace my old eMac and I have no idea how to transfer all my music to the new computer... besides creating back up DVD's. I own an external HD if that helps. My iTunes library is completely organized, I have artwork for about 90% of my music and everything is neatly organized from Artiest to Albums. I was wondering if there's anyway I could transfer everything including all my Artwork which was a lot of work without having to start from square one. Any suggestions?

Go to Applications>Utilities>Migration Assistant and run it. Follow the directions. All your old stuff will be brought over, including your Library

R