Rendevous Dissapointment

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Got Jaguar installed now. Powerbook G4/667 and a PowerMac G4/400 AGP.

I am running airport software base station on the PowerMac and it works GREAT. Better than ever.

But Rendevous will not work between the two when the Powerbook is using airport off the PowerMac.

they both must be on either ethernet or airport at once. not one or the other.

what good is that? I'm sorry but that is a huge dissapointment.

Am I missing something or is rendevous not all its cracked up to be

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

Am I missing something or is rendevous not all its cracked up to be<hr></blockquote>

Are you in school now?

Actually, what had you planned to do with Rendezvous. I expected to use this with peripherals. Oh, yeah-- it helps out in chat, too, discovering who's around.

Is it possible to enable ethernet bridging on the software base station, like you can on the ABS?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It could be a problem with the software basestation and not Rendezvous. A routing issue where the Power Mac confuses itself as 10.0.x.1 (the AirPort router address) and its other IP address.

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    and they have to be on the same subnet.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    &lt;never mind&gt; read more carefully.

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: Akac ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    It's really quite simple, isn't it? The Software BaseStation computer's IP _isn't_ the one from the AirPort network. It itself is using the uplink, which would be Ethernet. But two PowerBooks behind a Software BaseStation will see each other in Rendezvous just fine.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    [quote]Originally posted by fryke:

<strong>It's really quite simple, isn't it? The Software BaseStation computer's IP _isn't_ the one from the AirPort network. It itself is using the uplink, which would be Ethernet. But two PowerBooks behind a Software BaseStation will see each other in Rendezvous just fine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

well, this is a very innovative technology. it will improve. i like apple for doing thinks like this, iSync amongst a million other things. that's why we're all here using macs, eh?

pc's don't have something like this, do they? but they will copy it like everything else.