Time Capsule + Xbox 360

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've an xbox 360 and have my external HD connected directly via it's usb port for playing movies on the TV.

I'm thinking about getting a time capsule and I'd probably attach my HD to it's usb port.

What I'd like to know - Is it possible to stream media from time capsule directly to xbox360 yet. Does the Time Capsule support uPnP. Do people on here think that Apple will support uPnP on the time capsule any time soon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I don't understand why you don't just use Connect 360 to stream media, unless you don't put much media onto your actual computer. But that is the current option I use, however there is a 100 song, 5 movie, and 100 photo limit on the trial version.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALBIM View Post

I don't understand why you don't just use Connect 360 to stream media, unless you don't put much media onto your actual computer. But that is the current option I use, however there is a 100 song, 5 movie, and 100 photo limit on the trial version.

I've a large library of movies / music and don't store it on my machine. I don't like having to have a laptop running to watch the movies. That would mean streaming from HD to laptop to xbox.

I guess I'll just continue to hook up my HD directly to the xbox's usb for moveis.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    FYI

I have both a time capsule and XBOX360 with wireless adaptor. When my Time Capsule first arrived I tried connecting to XBOX live through the time capsule and it was a no go A quick web search showed that most people were having the same problem. You can see the Time Capsule from the XBOX360 and enter the WEP or WPA password, but it doesn't allow you to connect to the internet. Instead, I have my Time Capsule hardwired into my Linksys Router to my cable mode and I connect to XBOX live via the Linksys.

This may have been fixed by now, but I'm too lazy to mess with the setup.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    moochmooch Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Machead View Post

FYI

I have both a time capsule and XBOX360 with wireless adaptor. When my Time Capsule first arrived I tried connecting to XBOX live through the time capsule and it was a no go A quick web search showed that most people were having the same problem. You can see the Time Capsule from the XBOX360 and enter the WEP or WPA password, but it doesn't allow you to connect to the internet. Instead, I have my Time Capsule hardwired into my Linksys Router to my cable mode and I connect to XBOX live via the Linksys.

This may have been fixed by now, but I'm too lazy to mess with the setup.

I have not heard if it has been fixed yet either. My solution was to extend my wireless network using my Airport Express (wireless-g version). The Xbox was able to connect to that fine, but it does (did?) not seem to be able to handle the wireless-n routers (from apple).
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Hmmm.. is Connect360 like Tversity?

I really liked Tversity on PC cause it can stream to PS3, Xbox 360, iPhone, etc.... but they dont support Mac...

http://tversity.com/