Unibody MacBook Pro: an in-depth review with video

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    That actually looks F**** sweet mate. As long as the picture is still virtually as vibrant as a non-Photodon screen on the new MacBook Pro 15", that is looking like a great solution for all those on the borderlines of getting the MBP.

Cost is quite acceptable, given even Japanese-made protective films which are not explicitly anti-glare, are around the same price or more expensive.

In Asia, we haven't seen any impressive anti-glare China/ Japan/ Taiwan brand Mac screen films.

I want one now! Also, I need a new unibody MacBook Pro first.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gooddog View Post

Good side-by-side before & after photos are available from Photodon at the URL below. I will apply my $34 (including S/H) film to a glossy Macbook 13.3 inch (the model just before the unibodies) this weekend.

There is a YouTube demo at the site as well.

I will first experiment by laying a 6" X 4" pane of thin, matte, picture framing glass (lightly frosted) on top of the Macbook screen to see if it works as I expect it to work. If so, then it will prove that, by "frosting" the glossy glass lightly (etching or bead blasting), we can get what APPLE finds too difficult to offer to half of its loyal customers. The spirit of APPLE will survive the stupidity of the current policy. Acid can be diluted to fit the bill.

Personally, I suspect that the forced demise of matte screens is intended to clear the way for the reported future displays that have a phased array of photosensors interlaced with the pixel elements.

These look-back camera displays (not possible with matte screens) will force us to have a peeping-tom camera accessible to the alphabet soup snoops in our government, since the only way to disable the all-screen camera will be to cover the whole screen like a parrot cage. The VISISCREEN will be deployed and our brains will be sucked out through a small hole at the base of our tiny skulls.

We are not paranoid.

http://www.photodon.com/mm5/merchant...T&Store_Code=P

Quote:
    Originally Posted by macdolphin View Post

i want 2 of whatever you're taking.

• Reply 82 of 87
    Anybody tried these anti-glare films?

Photodon does not ship international

http://www.nushield.com/

http://www.buyviewguard.com/
  • Reply 83 of 87
    nvidia2008,

*chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*... *chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*...

Do you hear crickets ????

That's the sound of the fungi-form neocortex choking on a fact.
  • Reply 84 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gooddog View Post

nvidia2008,

*chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*... *chirp*...*chirp*...*chirp*...

Do you hear crickets ????

That's the sound of the fungi-form neocortex choking on a fact.

Hey, I hate to say it, but you brought a lot of interesting thought to this thread, even though you did it in a terribly uncouth manner.

I saw and played with a Alu MacBook today. Them gloss glare is bright! But so is the screen. My white MacBook screen looks really, really, rubbish next to the new MacBooks.

An anti-glare film over the new Alu MacBook, and I think even some die-hards will be sold on the new screens. The physical construction is very, very impressive and brings back the ol' days when getting a Mac actually really meant getting good *hardware* quality.

As for universal surveillance and all that... Well, any civilisation even just 500 years more advanced then we are now could already be spying on us to the molecular level, through a different time, dimension, whatever. Put your fungi to work on that!
  • Reply 85 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

As for universal surveillance and all that... Well, any civilisation even just 500 years more advanced then we are now could already be spying on us to the molecular level, through a different time, dimension, whatever. Put your fungi to work on that!

Offtopic... there's an Arthur C. Clarke novel that addresses something similar to this: The Light of Other Days
  • Reply 86 of 87
    EDIT: sorry wrong post
  • Reply 87 of 87
    Hello,

My eyes hurt from my new Sony Vaio laptop due to reflections. Would a ViewGuard Anti-Glare Privacy Filter solve my problem? you need protection .

http://www.viewguard.com/en-us/