Movies/ Podcasts

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When i upload movies to ipod or my podcasts to my ipod the movies work but not all of them upload. When i watch my podcasts as soon as i watch them they dissapaer from my ipod but are in my itunes? lol Please help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    iTunes can play more video formats then the iPods can. If an iPod is unable to play a particular video that video will not be uploaded. Use Get Info to check the video format type, bit rate and resolution to see if the missing videos are supported by your iPod. - There is a convert function under the Advance menu if you really want these videos on your iPod.

It sounds like you are syncing unplayed podcasts to your iPod. An unplayed or unfinished podcast will be placed on your iPod. A completed podcast will be removed from your iPod. Unless you told iTunes to delete podcasts the podcasts will remain in your library until you manually delete them.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Sounds like you're only Sync'ing unwatched or unlistened to stuff

Sync ''All', 'All unplayed' 'or All new' in the podcast tab of your iPod in iTunes

Chose All if you want them to remain
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bclapper View Post

Sounds like you're only Sync'ing unwatched or unlistened to stuff

Sync ''All', 'All unplayed' 'or All new' in the podcast tab of your iPod in iTunes

Chose All if you want them to remain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

iTunes can play more video formats then the iPods can. If an iPod is unable to play a particular video that video will not be uploaded. Use Get Info to check the video format type, bit rate and resolution to see if the missing videos are supported by your iPod. - There is a convert function under the Advance menu if you really want these videos on your iPod.

It sounds like you are syncing unplayed podcasts to your iPod. An unplayed or unfinished podcast will be placed on your iPod. A completed podcast will be removed from your iPod. Unless you told iTunes to delete podcasts the podcasts will remain in your library until you manually delete them.

This is what pops up afew minutes later after i try and tick the "sync the checked music and video" option? http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...orch/Error.jpg -
  • Reply 4 of 4
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    I have no idea on what that dialog box is about. Your on a Windows machine and I'll have to back out as I'm on a Mac. But what bclapper and I were talking about is setting up your Podcast syncing on the Podcast tab not the Sync Checked Music and Video checkbox on the Summary tab.