Default genre icons for iTunes 8 TV Shows, Music, Movies, etc...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've noticed that iTunes 8 will apply a custom Genre icon to TV Shows, Movies, Music, etc. when you tag a certain group of media with a genre that matches one of iTunes' canned genres...For example I just applied the entire Reality TV to a recording of American Idol I'd recorded using the EyeTV 250 Plus, and then when I viewed this recording in iTunes 8's genre thumbnail view, iTunes automatically applied a neat little 'Reality TV' thumbnail to the American Idol episode...

My Question is...does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of all Music, TV Show, Movie, etc. genres that iTunes 8 uses (for which the app will apply the default genre icons to)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by m021478 View Post

I've noticed that iTunes 8 will apply a custom Genre icon to TV Shows, Movies, Music, etc. when you tag a certain group of media with a genre that matches one of iTunes' canned genres...For example I just applied the entire Reality TV to a recording of American Idol I'd recorded using the EyeTV 250 Plus, and then when I viewed this recording in iTunes 8's genre thumbnail view, iTunes automatically applied a neat little 'Reality TV' thumbnail to the American Idol episode...

My Question is...does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of all Music, TV Show, Movie, etc. genres that iTunes 8 uses (for which the app will apply the default genre icons to)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Hi, I am looking for the list and will post any info I find.

john

Update:

Please take a look on this page http://tinyurl.com/56ew5d

It should provide you everything you are looking for.

John