Mac can not install XP

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi everyone!

I'm have a MacBook Air! I want to install XP, but when I put disk XP SP2 into disk drive, restart and keep pressing Option key, two Icon (Hard Disk Mac and Disk XP) appeared. Then, I click on Icon Disk XP, it didn't lead me to install Xp, appeared image Apple with question mark and hyphen!! (I tried with many different disks XP SP2, but it still that)

I don't understand what wrong with this laptop? (I have ever installed XP SP2 for a Macbook, and I didn't this problem before)

Everyone Please help me!

thanks!!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Not real sure about that post, but...

StartUp using OSX, then run Boot Camp, then install XP.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Not real sure about that post, but...

StartUp using OSX, then run Boot Camp, then install XP.

I agree. You need to use Boot Camp Assistant in order to install XP. Follow instructions above
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I tried us BootCamp Assitant but it's still that !

Please help me !
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by longhac View Post

(I tried with many different disks XP SP2, but it still that)

Are they all original non-upgrade discs? Also, how are you installing, via the USB drive or via the wifi drive thing on the MBA?

If the same disc you used on another Mac won't work, you can try doing it the Parallels/VMWare way. You would get a demo if you don't have them.

Install XP to a drive image. Get a USB drive, partition as MBR, clone the Parallels/XP (try using DiscWizard, which is free http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/sup...ads/discwizard ) to the USB disk.

Then shut down your VM software and use this software:

http://twocanoes.com/winclone/

to clone the system from the external USB disk to your Bootcamp partition.