Anyone else here about the gift for SJ?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I called up two different Apple stores (Atlanta and SoHo) and both of them when asked 'what is going on tonight' replied:

blah blah blah....

in celebration of os x.2 jaguar we have special discounts (but wouldn't tell me what)

blah blah blah....

free teeshirts (white with jaguar x in middle)

blah blah blah....

and in thx Apple has bought SJ a brand new Jaguar XKR Coupe.

(double take)

say what?

Yah, they said. In honor of Jaguar they gave HIM a jaguar. How cute? Can anyone verify this? I found it odd to get almost the exact same story from two different stores without even mentioning it....

Dang luck fool. Free tee-shirts, free eMac, and now free sports cars. Dang lucky fool...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    here = hear??
  • Reply 2 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    If I was Steve Jobs I would call 10.3 either "Hawaii" or "ISS"
  • Reply 3 of 7
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Steve can probably buy that car with changes from his pocket. Like Apple needs a special occasion to buy one FOR him.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    What they didn't tell him is that they got it on trade-iin from Austin Powers.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    nonsuchnonsuch Posts: 293member
    It would be awesome if the car had a jaguar-like paint job, with faux jaguar fur on the seats ... getting something that tasteless would make Jobs' head explode.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    [quote]Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself:

<strong>I called up two different Apple stores (Atlanta and SoHo) and both of them when asked 'what is going on tonight' replied:

blah blah blah....

in celebration of os x.2 jaguar we have special discounts (but wouldn't tell me what)

blah blah blah....

free teeshirts (white with jaguar x in middle)

blah blah blah....

and in thx Apple has bought SJ a brand new Jaguar XKR Coupe.

(double take)

say what?

Yah, they said. In honor of Jaguar they gave HIM a jaguar. How cute? Can anyone verify this? I found it odd to get almost the exact same story from two different stores without even mentioning it....

Dang luck fool. Free tee-shirts, free eMac, and now free sports cars. Dang lucky fool...</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's not Steve who gets a Jaguar XKR Coupe. Read the Up to Date coupons that came with your copy of Jag. Oh, wait, that's only the first 1000 people who ordered Jag and subscribed to .Mac.

• Reply 7 of 7
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    YAY! I get a Jaguar!!

*get coupons ready*