Upcoming Mac Pro Specs ??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I don't follow Intel well enough to know, but what's the chance that Apple will make 3.0+GHZ the standard for the Mac Pro and do away with anything less? This of course in the next release (MWSF '09?)

Thanks for any info/speculation,

Tony

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

I don't follow Intel well enough to know, but what's the chance that Apple will make 3.0+GHZ the standard for the Mac Pro and do away with anything less? This of course in the next release (MWSF '09?)

Thanks for any info/speculation,

Tony

pretty unlikely. Check out the desktop discussion thread I started last week. It covers all the chips Apple is likely to use and it ranges from 2.66 to 3.2GHz.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

pretty unlikely. Check out the desktop discussion thread I started last week. It covers all the chips Apple is likely to use and it ranges from 2.66 to 3.2GHz.

The 2.66 Nehalem on reported benches pretty much blows past any Penryn save a 'high end' skull trail' system where it's still pretty close.

And that's the 'low' end desktop chip going for a dirt cheap price!

Shame Apple won't be using the 'Conroe' of the Nehalem world and we'll probably wait for Intel to stroll out with a Server 'Xeon' Jan or even Feb', gasp.

Well. I've waited 9 years. 2 months more isn't going to hurt...

Just hope they offer something better than the crappy 2600Pro in the Pro update.

*Eyes 4870x2...(better have at least 1 gig of ram on it...) and a 'pretty' case update.

Lemon Bon Bon.