iTouch Unlocking Help

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
so today i got a used iTouch

unfortunately, it is locked and when i turn it on it asks for a 4-digit passcode.

i can't contact the seller and was wondering if there was some way to reset it or get rid of the passcode so i could use the dam iTouch

any help will be appreciated, really want to figure out this problem

ty

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    yeah "sellers" usually don't like to give out passcodes to their stolen ipods... i can see why you can't contact them...

But realistically speaking, four digits is easy to hack with some patience. Start at 9999 then work your way down. 9998...9997...9996...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    well i would count down from 9999 but the problem is that after so many tries the ipod will lock up

would re-syncing it to my computer work to somehow erase the passcode?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ninetysix View Post

well i would count down from 9999 but the problem is that after so many tries the ipod will lock up

would re-syncing it to my computer work to somehow erase the passcode?

If you re-enter the wrong passcode too many times it will lock up and you will not be

able to unlock it unless you have the original computer it was synced on to restore its

firmware. If it has firmware 2.1 or later it will automatically erase all the contents on the

touch and render it useless until you can restore the firmware on the original syncing computer(this had to be user selected under Settings > General > Passcode Lock).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brax.j View Post

If you re-enter the wrong passcode too many times it will lock up and you will not be

able to unlock it unless you have the original computer it was synced on to restore its

firmware. If it has firmware 2.1 or later it will automatically erase all the contents on the

touch and render it useless until you can restore the firmware on the original syncing computer(this had to be user selected under Settings > General > Passcode Lock).

Wow... didn't know that.

The problem I have with iPod lock is that it's not automatic and it's too much trouble to enter the code every time I want to lock it. Is there any way to make your iPod lock every time you let it go to sleep?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Wow... didn't know that.

The problem I have with iPod lock is that it's not automatic and it's too much trouble to enter the code every time I want to lock it. Is there any way to make your iPod lock every time you let it go to sleep?

Yes you can, General> Passcode Lock> Require Passcode then select how long the iPod needs to be inactive before it will require the passcode before unlocking.