AT&T wifi For Existing iPhone/Data Card Customers ???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I can't get wifi. Spent like 4 hours getting the runaround from phone weasels at AT&T. Of course I started at the AT&T store. They were knownothings of the lowest degree.

I like the usb Mercury data device. It works ok. But they advertised and stated that the account would include a basic wifi service. For me and every other Mac user it does not.

Now this seems like it ought to be a big deal. How many million new AT&T customers did AT&T garner with the 3G iPhone? And what percentage of these probably have a portable Apple machine? A lot I would think. So they send us all text messages about the new FREE wifi but only for the phone. So one buys a data card and still can't get wifi.

AT&T could give me a wifi account at the drop of a hat. I could log in now, give them a credit card number and have a new account in minutes. But they won't give me wifi access based on the already over $200 a month I give them.

This really sucks. Anybody got any good news besides turning my Mac into a virus magnet windoz machine to get a little wifi?