importing addresses to jaguar addressbook

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
ok, i backed up the addresses file from my old address book (Address Book.addressbook from the home library). I can't figure out how to import that file into the new Address Book, it doesn't seem to want to read the file. What can i do? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    If you put it back in the Library folder where you found it, it should read it in. Check Address Book help for more information.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    hotboxdhotboxd Posts: 125member
    It was in the Addresses folder in the library which doesn't exist in Jaguar. I tried making a new one and putting it in the library and it didn't work.

is there any way to download a pre-Jaguar address book application. if i can do that then maybe i could export my addresses as vcards.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    select all your contacts and drag them out of the window.

pure drag&drop all the way.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    i'm trying to import a file into address book, not out of it.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    address book is in my users>you>Library>addresses
  • Reply 6 of 8
    do you have jaguar?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    OK, try this. Download Pacifist at <a href="http://www.charlessoft.com/Pacifist.dmg."; target="_blank">http://www.charlessoft.com/Pacifist.dmg.</a>; Now put in your 10.1 CD, and use Pacifist to open the main install package. Locate /Applications/Address Book.app in Pacifist, and extract it to the Desktop. Put your old Address Book data file in the Library folder where it was in 10.1, and run the 10.1 Address Book. Drag all of the contacts to the Desktop, and quit. Open the 10.2 Address Book and drag all the contacts back in.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    i tried that but I couldn't seem to find the main installer package. any idea which one it is?