Ethernet won't connect

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Figured this would be the best forum, and maybe I'm not googling using the proper words because I can't find a solution.

For starters - My only internet option where I live was a Verizon wireless mobile broadband card. My goal was to share that connection to my Xbox 360.

I don't know if the verizon VZAccess software hosed me or what. When I connect my xbox and imac via ethernet, the imac isn't seeing anything as plugged in. It shows up as Not Connected under the network settings. The Xbox doesn't get a link either.

However...if I booted to windows via boot camp, everything would light up. I installed the VZAccess software there too. I think it actually hosed up WMI, as I had to repair the WBEM repository. When I tried to share the connection, it said WMI was corrupted. Bottom line, after some work, I got it working successfully through Windows and was able to get the xbox online through connection sharing.

So I came back to OSX, and plugged the iMac into a router to test it.... It still shows up as not being connected. So, something is wrong/broken under OSX.

I guess my question is, is there a way to repair the ethernet settings, or is there something I can look at to get this baby to link up to the xbox? It should at the very least be showing that it's connected.

Thoughts?