System Preferences -- error in Network preference window

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Here's a new one, for me at least....

Something has happened in my Network preferences and I believe it happened while doing a Spotlight search. When I open the Network preference window, I get an almost instant error dialogue stating "Your Network settings have been changed by another application". As soon as I hit "OK" to dismiss the dialogue box, it comes right back. If I'm really quick, I can get back to the main preferences screen before the warning reappears. I've tried logging out, rebooting, trashing the Library --> Preferences --> com.apple.networkConfig.plist file (followed by a log-out) and nothing has made a difference.

Any thoughts on what to try?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Here's a new one, for me at least....

Something has happened in my Network preferences and I believe it happened while doing a Spotlight search. When I open the Network preference window, I get an almost instant error dialogue stating "Your Network settings have been changed by another application". As soon as I hit "OK" to dismiss the dialogue box, it comes right back. If I'm really quick, I can get back to the main preferences screen before the warning reappears. I've tried logging out, rebooting, trashing the Library --> Preferences --> com.apple.networkConfig.plist file (followed by a log-out) and nothing has made a difference.

Any thoughts on what to try?

Thanks

Hi,

I've encountered the same problem on a friend's computer. It seems that one of the latest security updates messed up the network preferences pane. To solve this, follow the instructions given here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....30909&tstart=0

It worked for me.