iPhone updates

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Any news on the next potential iPhone update? It seems we've been on 16gig as maximum capacity for ages. (Over a year now, surely?) And I don't understand why they'd want to bastardise their high end, premium product (iPhone) by making it less attractive than the iPod touch in terms of capacity. Surely the top end iPhone should max out on features as the top of the line iPod?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    And i can't believe they'd bastardize their high-end premium iPod Touch by not having it include a phone!... it makes it less attractive than the iPhone 3G even though it has more memory!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Steve has said in the past that the iPhone will ALWAYS be behind the iPod in storage capacity due to the extra hardware in the iPhone
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Steve has said in the past that the iPhone will ALWAYS be behind the iPod in storage capacity due to the extra hardware in the iPhone

Does that sound like a genuine reason or an excuse to differentiate the two and force high-spending consumers to buy both? After all, isn't the iPhone already marginally fatter and taller than the iPod touch?

Also, I see that not only are iPhones and iPod touches incompatible with many iPod accessories but they are also unsupported by many car makers who offer some form of iPod connectivity in their cars. Both the brand new Golf and brand new Alfa have iPod connectivity but neither support the iPhone and iPod touch. Why is this? What makes them so different or less compatible? I'd have thought this a particular problem with the iPhone as surely it SHOULD be ideal for use in a car.

Finally, any guess on the 32gig iPhone?