Back to my mac

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm trying to set up Back To My Mac on my two computers, my iMac and MacBook. Both are running Leopard 10.5.5, have Back To My Mac turned on, have MobileMe registered, and have screen sharing and file sharing turned on. I can access the MacBook fine from the iMac, screen sharing works great and starts as soon as I hit the screen sharing button. My problem is going the other direction. When using screen sharing from the MacBook to the iMac a dialog box comes up asking if I want to be a registered user or to ask for permission. Once I say allow screen sharing on the iMac it works fine. How can I set this up so that I don't have to ask for permission? Seems strange that I don't have to in one direction but need to when going in the other. I think this is all happening because the MacBook is connected as a Guest and the iMac is connected as [email protected]. Please help. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I think you're right. Make sure you're signed into MobileMe on both computers under the same account i.e [email protected] on the iMac and [email protected] on the MacBook
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Ok so I'm signed in on MobileMe on both machines and it still says I'm connected in as guest on the laptop. We have a family pack and both machines are signed in as my account, the master account. I tried clicking on "Connect As" on the laptop and then signed in as a "Registered User" using my MobileMe username/email alias and password as well, that didn't work. Any ideas? Anyone?