23" ACD missing from Mac Pro config. page

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If you configure a new Mac Pro on the UK website, the 23" no longer shows up as an option.

The 20" and 30" are there ? but no 23"?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

If you configure a new Mac Pro on the UK website, the 23" no longer shows up as an option.

The 20" and 30" are there – but no 23"?

I would suggest this means that they simply ran out.

Judging from the HDCP PR fiasco that's building up, it seems that a lot of current/new iTunes content will not play on any Mac using non-HDCP monitors. Like the new MacBooks connected to DVI or VGA displays.

Or in other words Apple has to try to move its entire monitor lineup to DisplayPort ASAP.

They probably stopped manufacturing the 23" model a while ago - now that the 24" LED one with Mini DisplayPort is available.

It cannot be long before the 20" and 30" have migrated to DisplayPort too. MacWorld no later IMHO.

Morale: do NOT buy any 30" monitor from Apple currently if you plan to purchase/view content from the iTunes store. Any future Mac you will buy is no longer able to play movies on it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Wow. That's actually quite sobering!

I wasn't aware of that.

I think this is the straw that has broken the camel's back for me.

I've been a Mac user for much years, and I'm proud to say that as a content creator I've never been one for ripping-off copyright. I've never downloaded a torrent or ripped a CD that I don't own. I appreciate that copyright owners have to take steps to safeguard their interests.

But now it would appear, that you can't view content that you've paid for, on hardware that you've paid for?

No, I need to take a stand at this point.

I've become increasingly disenfranchised with Apple over the last few years. I don't like the way their software is going (Leopard) and I don't like their recent hardware. I've just realised that I don't actually like Apple any more.

I think I'm over Apple.

If I have to use one at work on somebody else's dime, then so be it.

But I think I'm actually never going to buy one of their products again.