MacBook vs. iPod Touch vs. HDTV

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For christmas, the spoiled child that I am, have a choice between a Sharp or Samsung HDTV (around 30"-35"), a new unibody MacBook (lower end), or an iPod Touch (8 GB). So, which should I choose? The TV would be for regular watching, watching movies and for playing xbox. The laptop would be for photoshop, web surfing, and other random things that I wish to delve into. However, I have to use this for the next 3 or 4 years, with only OS upgrades along the way. I'd like to note that the only computer I currently have access to is a 3 year old iBook G4 with a broken screen that is connected to a crappy HP monitor. The touch and tv would be until something better comes along.

So, what should I pick?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Get a Panasonic plasma.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    A 32 or 37 inch LCD HDTV would go nicely. Go for a used MBP on eBay rather than the new MacBook. The Unibody might sound nice but its sharp edges and poor MacBook screen quality, the last generation MBP are a great deal at a great price, and they are plenty quick. Save some money and you can get your iPod Touch for Xmas as well! SLam dunk all 3!.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Now that, Nano, sounds like a plan! Thanks for the idea!