Macbook 13" Battery :(

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I bought my Macbook White 13" used about 2 months ago-ish and it was like a year and a little bit old before I bought it, but it was in like mint condition, barely used, and most of all GOOD BATTERY LIFE (like about 3 hours on "Better Performance").

Just recently I started up my macbook and it said I was running on Axillary power so I shut it off and then it wouldn't turn back on without being plugged into the AC Adapter. The battery life stays at 100% all the time, also the Magsafe LED is always Green.

So I phoned apple, I'm outside my warranty so they direct me to the support site. I looked and tried the battery updater and the PRAM Reset or whatever, and I tried taking it out and putting it back in, I checked the batter info in the about Mac window:

Charge information (mAh): 65336

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 65336

Cycle count: 94 (the mac site said it should be like 300?)

Condition: Good

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 9367

most of this means nothing to me, like I said I'm new.

Please oh please help a New Mac User in need

I really really want to like my mac.

Thank you,

running_arse

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by running_arse View Post

I bought my Macbook White 13" used about 2 months ago-ish and it was like a year and a little bit old before I bought it, but it was in like mint condition, barely used, and most of all GOOD BATTERY LIFE (like about 3 hours on "Better Performance").

Just recently I started up my macbook and it said I was running on Axillary power so I shut it off and then it wouldn't turn back on without being plugged into the AC Adapter. The battery life stays at 100% all the time, also the Magsafe LED is always Green.

So I phoned apple, I'm outside my warranty so they direct me to the support site. I looked and tried the battery updater and the PRAM Reset or whatever, and I tried taking it out and putting it back in, I checked the batter info in the about Mac window:

Charge information (mAh): 65336

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 65336

Cycle count: 94 (the mac site said it should be like 300?)

Condition: Good

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 9367

most of this means nothing to me, like I said I'm new.

Please oh please help a New Mac User in need

I really really want to like my mac.

Thank you,

running_arse

i had similar problem but battery condition did not say good. anyway i bought new battery on amazon for about 85$ and its all good.