Nokia's 5800 Express. Instant hit...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/00..._in_moscow.htm

Interesting times are coming. Looks like the 5800 Express will level the playing field but will the consumer be the big winner?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    They sold 120 phones in that one store, what is that supposed to prove. You unfound hate for Apple is hilarious.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Is every one of your posts going to be an anti-Apple post?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

They sold 120 phones in that one store, what is that supposed to prove. You unfound hate for Apple is hilarious.

Who are you to tell me what is founded and unfounded? Ah yes. The typical answer of a Jobs Butt Dweller. I'll clue you in Einstein. I have had every Apple laptop produced since 2004, every iPod since they were first introduced to Windows (actually made me get a Mac), all versions of the iPhone, and additional Apple software and accessories, so I think my purchasing dollars have been Apple loyal. Apple is producing crap, passing it off as world shaking with you and your Appleistas swallowing it hook line and sinker. Because of this screwed up policy, I was forced to purchase and additional phone simply because Apple does not allow VoIP over GSM, or tethering. Stupid policies that caused me to spend additional cash when Apple is "supposed" be so innovative. Then to top it off, you and your myopic ilk will defend these stupid policies as another great idea by the landlord of your butt dwelling abode. So don't tell me what is founded or unfound. Now, go back home to the crack you live in and pixxx off.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by genericposts View Post

I was forced to purchase and additional phone simply because Apple does not allow VoIP over GSM, or tethering. Stupid policies that caused me to spend additional cash when Apple is "supposed" be so innovative.

I agree that some of Apple's policies are bad but some of the issues can be gotten around using jail-breaking. You didn't have to buy another phone. I know it's unofficial so it doesn't fix the problem completely but it's a solution.

I don't think the Nokia 5800 is all that good by the looks of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP3YNcSOMlg

Quite slow at some points, doesn't have the app store, no feedback animations. It doesn't look like it will be as good for gaming (iphone is only about half the performance of a PSP). It does have a dual LED flash and an SD slot, which the iphone is missing but that's about it.

The popularity of the Nokia was also in Russia, no doubt a newly released 80's album was sold out that day too.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Who are you to tell me what is founded and unfounded? Ah yes. The typical answer of a Jobs Butt Dweller. I'll clue you in Einstein. I have had every Apple laptop produced since 2004, every iPod since they were first introduced to Windows (actually made me get a Mac), all versions of the iPhone, and additional Apple software and accessories, so I think my purchasing dollars have been Apple loyal. Apple is producing crap, passing it off as world shaking with you and your Appleistas swallowing it hook line and sinker. Because of this screwed up policy, I was forced to purchase and additional phone simply because Apple does not allow VoIP over GSM, or tethering. Stupid policies that caused me to spend additional cash when Apple is "supposed" be so innovative. Then to top it off, you and your myopic ilk will defend these stupid policies as another great idea by the landlord of your butt dwelling abode. So don't tell me what is founded or unfound. Now, go back home to the crack you live in and pixxx off.

Very mature response, now go back to your Apple hating, let it all out, you ain't finished.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Very mature response, now go back to your Apple hating, let it all out, you ain't finished.

Are you having a hard time reading? Your lack of understanding is showing. Sad that you were not able to comprehend my entire post. Do you need pictures or is English not your native language. After four and a half sentences, the best you can come up with is that I hate Apple. Are you learning impaired or something? I explained in detail that my grip (founded to use your ill thought out supposition) with Apple. Go back and read it again.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I agree that some of Apple's policies are bad but some of the issues can be gotten around using jail-breaking. You didn't have to buy another phone. I know it's unofficial so it doesn't fix the problem completely but it's a solution.

I don't think the Nokia 5800 is all that good by the looks of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP3YNcSOMlg

Quite slow at some points, doesn't have the app store, no feedback animations. It doesn't look like it will be as good for gaming (iphone is only about half the performance of a PSP). It does have a dual LED flash and an SD slot, which the iphone is missing but that's about it.

The popularity of the Nokia was also in Russia, no doubt a newly released 80's album was sold out that day too.

Good points Marvin. One other very important consideration is that this phone was not announced or even marketed. Second, there are literally millions of people that do not want an iPhone. I see the utility in having one which is why I have one along side my now purchased (thanks Apple for no tethering option) Nokia and combined they both equal a near perfect solution. So those with reading disabilities will see that I have many Apple products.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Now you can't even read. Your lack of intellect is showing. Sad that you were not able to comprehend my entire post. Do you need pictures or is English not your native language. After four and a half sentences, the best you can come up with is that I hate Apple. Are you learning impaired or something? I explained in detail that my grip (founded to use your ill thought out supposition) with Apple. Go back and read it again.

I don't need to read that nonsense you wrote to understand your intent or should I go back to my "crack". You need help, Apple doesn't know who you are and frankly don't care, so continue on your hate campaign against them on internet boards.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

I don't need to read that nonsense you wrote to understand your intent or should I go back to my "crack". You need help, Apple doesn't know who you are and frankly don't care, so continue on your hate campaign against them on internet boards.

Universal translation: I have no idea because I do not have a comprehensive bone in my myopic, one track mind. Did you read the part of your "post" where you wrote that you do not "need" to read something to understand? Are you saying that you are happy not knowing something and to learn something just gets in the way of your ignorance?

Your continued one track diatribe about me hating Apple shows two things and possibly a third: your lack of understand or your innate stupidity or both. You are the only one here saying that I hate Apple, simply because I criticize them for not doing better than they can do and do not buy into their "innovative" story line. For you, being a follower is a way of life. Lack of an independent thought is your mantra. Embrace your lemming status and be happy with it. Live the mediocracy that is your life. You seem to be happy with it.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Now you can't even read. Your lack of intellect is showing.

This is against the posting guidelines, you will get banned if you keep it up.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

This is against the posting guidelines, you will get banned if you keep it up.

The cavalry arrives. There, I hid all of his flaws with a reworked post.

P.S. Do you really thing I need this collective group hug forum for my validation? The mods did a great job keeping this place together, but the "Apple, Apple uber alles" chat is reminiscent of Germany in the late 30's.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Is every one of your posts going to be an anti-Apple post?

By the way, I did miss this, but I will give you benefit of the doubt on the comprehension thing. Find one, only one post where I said, I either hate Apple or where I said I am anti-Apple. You will find where I have said I do not like their policies and the way they do things. As a purchaser of Apple products I have the right to express my opinion buy something I buy that I feel is not performing to my specifications. This is called constructive criticism. However, you and the rest (most of the rest) are quite happy with the mediocrity that Apple puts forth and go so far as to defend it. Lemmings are born every day I guess.