Help Finding A Bluetooth Headset

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all.

My parents have a crappy set of IR headphones that they use to listen to TV with. The problem, however, is that if they tilt their heads or someone walks between them and the transmitter, the sound cuts out.

I'd like to find them some kind of bluetooth-y solution, but I can't find any that come with some kind of BT transmitter.

Does such a thing exist? Can anyone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maybe you go in where you buy your phone or your thing then ask if they had an Bluetooth Headset,

Great thing to know about busby seo test.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Hi all.

My parents have a crappy set of IR headphones that they use to listen to TV with. The problem, however, is that if they tilt their heads or someone walks between them and the transmitter, the sound cuts out.

I'd like to find them some kind of bluetooth-y solution, but I can't find any that come with some kind of BT transmitter.

Does such a thing exist? Can anyone help?

Hey there is such a thing and it is not bluetooth. It's not IR, it uses radio frequency. So you plug one side into the TV, (the "base station") and the other side is the wireless headphones. These wireless headphones, you can go to the next room, etc. and have uninterrupted sound.

My mum liked it coz she could listen to Oprah while doing a few things around the apartment (my brother's 1 bedroom apartment).

Your mileage may vary. Just check out the Phillips and Sony wireless headphones. Performance, range, etc. is much better than any Bluetooth/A2DP-thingy I have tried myself. The Bluetooth spec has quite a limited range, whereas the RF wireless headphones have a lot more flexibility as they use "proprietary" specs.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Thanks, nvidia. That's something I hadn't heard/thought about. Looks like that might be the ticket.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Thanks, nvidia. That's something I hadn't heard/thought about. Looks like that might be the ticket.

Just keep in mind that wireless headphones do not have the performance of wired models.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    My parents don't even own a DVD player. Audio fidelity isn't exactly a high on their list of priorities. As long as they can hear the teevee, they're happy.