New Mac, how to reconnect iphone

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I sold my macbook a month ago and have been going without one since then. Finally got my new macbook Friday, and now I need to reestablish a computer for my iphone. (Dieing to update to 2.2). This is the only place I have my contacts stored in the interim. I don't care if I lose all my music on my iphone, but I don't want to lose my contacts. Just wanted to make sure I don't need to do anything special before I connect my iphone.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'm pretty sure that when you connect, it's gonna give you options that will enable you to do what you want. I moved my iPhone from my laptop to my iMac a year ago... I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall that it was painless and I didn't loose any data. (I do use .mac though, don't know if that had any effect on retaining the contacts and such easier or not...)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    just sync the phone with the new computer through iTunes, and it should ask you to transfer information from your phone to your computer. I'd like to know for 100%, so reply back with what worked!