Jaguar's Screencapture much improved

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
This is just a quick headsup for those of us who occasionally take screenshots.

command-shift-3 Full screen

command-shift-4 Cross hairs

command-shift-4 then space toggles the camera. This will enable you to take a picture of a single window. Highlighted for your convenience

Using control with these will send the output to the clipboard.

Try the command screencapture from the commandline.

Hope this helps

low-fo

[ 08-30-2002: Message edited by: low-fi ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cmd-shift-3 and 4 have been there since 10.1.

I still prefer Snapz Pro X.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    beornbeorn Posts: 30member
    What's up with the new PDF format of screenshots? What are the pros and cons of PDF over TIFF formatting? I just found it interesting, is all...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    I've been messin' with Constrictor. From

<a href="http://www.sticksoftware.com/software.html"; target="_blank">http://www.sticksoftware.com/software.html</a>;

A cheapy but functional screencapture shareware. Currently, this utility saves the caps as tiffs which I prefer. Maybe 'cause I still am on 10.1.5...

Check it out...pretty cool.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    since TinkerTool claims its waiting on 10.2.1 for certain additional functionality, does anyone remember what the command line was to default the output to JPG?

I remember that it could be done through Terminal as well
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>since TinkerTool claims its waiting on 10.2.1 for certain additional functionality, does anyone remember what the command line was to default the output to JPG?</strong><hr></blockquote>The reason TinkerTool can't do it is because the CLI command itself is broken. Remember, that's how TinkerTool works; it's just a front-end to these commands.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    dang Brad... yur so intelligunt... doh!