New MP3 Player

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I want to get a new MP3 player since my current one can't hold a charge and the back is broken.. (hit the concrete a few 100 times)

Would you suggest the new 8 gig Ipod nano?

I use the MP3 player mostly in my car, and the touch just wouldn't be good, cause I don't look at the player when changing the songs (muscle memory baby), so the touch isn't exactly a good choice. Also, I will be getting a macbook pro in june. So I figured 2 apple products working together would be a nice touch and probably easier in the long run.

But what do you guys think? New nano? Or some other product?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Anyone? grr.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    As if people on a pro-Apple forum were going to recommend something OTHER than an iPod?... and it seems you've already decided which model you want.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Well some people may. I can't find any neutral mp3 player forums...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Yes, get the Nano. It's a beautiful little device, and now that it has a larger screen and an accelerometer Apple's coming close to maxing out what can be done with a small click wheel iPod.

I expect the Nano to carry forward at ever larger capacities while the Classic gets quietly dropped, at some point-- probably when a 64GB Nano can be had for $199 and a 64GB Touch for $299.