Some iTouch questions (please help!)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just bought it and im lost i'd love some help, so heres some things im having trouble with:

1. I just bought an iTouch! but i have an old mp3 (creative zen) with 117 songs that i love but idk how to get those songs on my iTouch or if i even can.

2.Can I use Napster for music with the iTouch? and whats the difference between Napster and Napster to go?

3.I heard BearShare is now charging, so does this mean theres less viruses now?

4.When my iTouch is docked to the computer why doesn't the computer recognize it as a portable device? instead it thinks its a digital camera.

Again any help would be very appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~!sara!~ View Post

I just bought it and im lost i'd love some help, so heres some things im having trouble with:

1. I just bought an iTouch! but i have an old mp3 (creative zen) with 117 songs that i love but idk how to get those songs on my iTouch or if i even can.

2.Can I use Napster for music with the iTouch? and whats the difference between Napster and Napster to go?

3.I heard BearShare is now charging, so does this mean theres less viruses now?

4.When my iTouch is docked to the computer why doesn't the computer recognize it as a portable device? instead it thinks its a digital camera.

Again any help would be very appreciated, thank you!

1) Download iTunes software to manage your music.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If your songs are only on your Zen, you must get them onto your computer first, then import them into iTunes.

2) Don't bother with Napster.

3)Bearshare? Is that some gay fetish dating service?

4) get a Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    My iPhone was launching iPhoto as it's recognized as a camera by the application. I ended up deselecting iPhoto as a default application for cameras.

iPods used to mount on the desktop like any other HD but now they have to use iTunes.

iTunes is far better than Napster anyway.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    If you're this lost it might be best to go to an Apple store for a quick demonstration on how to use it