Will my comp like 10.2?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi everyone. I've been reading posts in AI for over a year now but have never posted before. Lots of savy mac folks here so I thought I'd ask you guys first. I have a B/W g3 400mhz running 9.2.2. I've liked what I've seen in Jaguar, but was holding off in hopes of getting a new pm with Jag already installed. Alas, I'm not laying down 2-3k for what I consider a pretty lame pm update. So my question is this: will Jag's performance be acceptable on my box? I don't even have AGP so QE probably won't do me any good. A couple of friends said that if you don't have a g4 it's not worth the $130.00. Comments please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I have exact same computer. Yes, it runs fine. But I have a Gig of ram. Get a gig, then you can play with Jag all day. It runs great. Enjoy.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Uh, I'd say it's a pretty significant PM update compared to what you're currently using.

Anyway, it runs fine for me on my G3 400 Powerbook with 384MB RAM
  • Reply 3 of 4
    can you get jag from the education store? ...it is only 69 bucks there...very much worth that price....g

ps...10.1.5 runs great on my kids G3 400 iMac....will be updating it to jag soon (wanted to run 10.2 for a while first on my iMac 800...once jag goes to 10.2.1 i will put it on both....)

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I think Jag will run on almost G3 computer. I'm I right?