Help with application preferences or registration and different OS profiles

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi,

I was wondering if some one can help me with this.. I have a program called Acquisition that I bought online. I had to move my OS X ver. 10.5.6 file vaulted profile to a new profile (whiting the same system) without activating file vault, because of Time Capsule backup problems. Now when trying to enter the registration No. it will not accept it. .... the program is activated in a "guest_" account that I have setup on the system. Not the system's guest account because I want the profile to remember the settings and not erase them every time someone logs in and out. What I am trying to find out is what file or where could I find the file that is making the program show activated in the guest_ profile the way it was in my original profile?

I have contacted the developer and paypal regarding the issue and haven't received an acceptable reply other than having the automated system on his website email me the serial number.. the number I have is good. is the same one that the automatic email system sends me.. but I can't figure out why it wont take it on my new profile.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Oscar 