MacBook NOW??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am thinking of going and grabbing a macbook tomorrow (2.4GHz).

I know MacWorld is in a week, but by that time I will have gone back to school. The MacBook was recently updated (as you are all well aware). Would it be safe to snag one of the new machines now or would it be idiotic with MacWorld coming up?

(Sorry for the doublepost, realized it was in the wrong forum last time)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Doesn't your school or college computer store give you a better deal on a new Mac than Apple? If so, I would wait until your back at school.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I'll say don't wait for MacWorld this time, because Steve is not going to be there, which means they're very likely not going to make some big new announcements.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Even if they do announce something new, it is unlikely that they will announce anything other than very incremental upgrades to the Macbook line. They are so new that it is virtually certain that there will not be any chassis updates. If anything, you might get a speed bump. So the answer is that if you need the computer now, get it now. If you can wait until Macworld is over, wait until Macworld is over.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    How common is it for them to give speed bumps at MacWorld?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by terdfurgusson View Post

How common is it for them to give speed bumps at MacWorld?

It's likely that the only MacBook announcements would be for a 17" MBP

I think speed bumps for iMac and possible Mac Mini update

Unibody MacBooks are too new for any updates yet IMO
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by terdfurgusson View Post

I am thinking of going and grabbing a macbook tomorrow (2.4GHz).

I know MacWorld is in a week, but by that time I will have gone back to school. The MacBook was recently updated (as you are all well aware). Would it be safe to snag one of the new machines now or would it be idiotic with MacWorld coming up?

(Sorry for the doublepost, realized it was in the wrong forum last time)

I think you can wait until after MWSF2009, which usually happens the first full week in January.