Stopping music/quitting app on iPod Touch

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Happy New Year!

I just got an iPod Touch and can't figure out or find how to stop music/video or quit an app, not just pause it. Is there a way? Love it, though.

Thanks,

Steve B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I think you don't need to quit an app on an iPod Touch. Just press the home button to go back to the home screen when you don't have anymore to do with your app.

Why do you specifically want to stop a song/video? I own an iPod Touch too and it doesn't seem to me that it's going to crash or cause any trouble, if you just leave things paused forever?

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by afx5i View Post

I think you don't need to quit an app on an iPod Touch. Just press the home button to go back to the home screen when you don't have anymore to do with your app.

Why do you specifically want to stop a song/video? I own an iPod Touch too and it doesn't seem to me that it's going to crash or cause any trouble, if you just leave things paused forever?

Hope this helps.

Thanks, afx. I'd need to stop/quit for the same reasons I would on computers, which have media players with stop buttons(ie: Tunes), so why not iPods? Time for some feedback to Apple, methinks.

Steve B
  • Reply 3 of 3
    There really is no need to force quit apps unless they are hogging up your space/ kills battery life. If you have to force quit, press down the sleep and home button together to do a reset of you ipod Touch.

Hope I've helped and congrats on your buy!