Info on buying a Mac Book Pro 2.6 Ghz

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am ready to buy a mac book pro and im wondering if something new is about to come along or if i should just get the top mac book pro right now. i have 4000 to spend and want to get the top mac book pro. i need it for video/audio editing and portable so a mac pro is out of the question.

Is this good or is something better coming along in the next 2-3 months??

Mac Book Pro 17in

2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

320GB Serial ATA @ 7200

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FunkTechNician View Post

I am ready to buy a mac book pro and im wondering if something new is about to come along or if i should just get the top mac book pro right now. i have 4000 to spend and want to get the top mac book pro. i need it for video/audio editing and portable so a mac pro is out of the question.

Is this good or is something better coming along in the next 2-3 months??

Mac Book Pro 17in

2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

320GB Serial ATA @ 7200

Did you miss this on the front page?

Do yourself a favor and at least wait till the end of this week. If not, don't complain that you weren't warned.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    thanks a lot .. will it be the only one sold after a week or so or do i have to look for that specific one when buying from the apple store? how will i know im getting that one or not?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FunkTechNician View Post

thanks a lot .. will it be the only one sold after a week or so or do i have to look for that specific one when buying from the apple store? how will i know im getting that one or not?

If a new one is released the old one won't be sold at the Apple online store, except maybe as a clearance item.

At Apple retail stores they generally will only have the new ones in the store for sale. At Best Buy, they may have the older models for sale at a discount.

The new model should be easy to distinguish from the old as it will almost certainly have the new unibody chassis.