Fantasy MWSF

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Fantasy MWSF

(Yet another topic about MWSF)

================

Steve takes the stage in his normal attire?

Talks about how great the Apple Stores are doing...

Talks about how great OSX and OSX apps are doing (Office, ext...) Does some demo?s...

Talks about how cool the iPod is... Does some demo?s

Into's new speed bumped PowerBooks and iBooks...

For the main announcement he shows off the new iMac (LCD, 1Ghz, ext?) shows how cool it is...

Says, "Now, I know how upset some of you must be because of all the rumors going around the web about the possible intro of the G5... and I hate to be the bearer of bad news.... so I won't... Introducing the PowerMac G5... (Everyone in the crowd jumps to their feet to clap, but they all start to slip and fall because everyone had unknowingly pee?d their pants)

The End

Disclaimer: I don?t typically fantasize about people peeing their pants :o

================

feel free to post your MWSF Fantasy below

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    But I don't think the bake off will be at the last part of the show....
  • Reply 2 of 15
    tarbashtarbash Posts: 278member
    LCD iMac will be last.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Tarbash:

<strong>LCD iMac will be last.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know. If think if there's a G5 announced that might be last.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    If you introduce a 1 GHz iMac you gotta introduce a 1 GHz PowerMac at least! drool
  • Reply 5 of 15
    tarbashtarbash Posts: 278member
    I dunno, I'm thinking that Jobs will want to really show off the G5's performance and do some serious bakeoffs, as well as discuss Gigawire and any other new technologies. Then he will pull a "one more thing" and wow everyone with the new iMac, which will have revolutionary design, but nothing to discuss that will take up a lot of time.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Culling from the Memory of all the latest rumors:

up to 1.6 Ghz 64bit G5 proc

gigawire or 1.6Gbit firewire

[b] 1RU servers that can be clustered with gigawire[b]

OSX 1.2 and 64bit version

UMA 2.0, hyperTransport, RapidIO and DDR ram

With these technologies apple aggresively enters into the supercomputer marketspace. With eyes on low maintenance and ease of use corporate servers, render pharms and scientific computing

LCD imacs

iPicture and iPhotostudio Pro another dual pronged attack on the digital media hub and digital media profesional markets.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Tarbash:

<strong>I dunno, I'm thinking that Jobs will want to really show off the G5's performance and do some serious bakeoffs, as well as discuss Gigawire and any other new technologies. Then he will pull a "one more thing" and wow everyone with the new iMac, which will have revolutionary design, but nothing to discuss that will take up a lot of time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Finally, a MWSF thread I can get into!

Ahem...actually, I'm with Tarbash on this one. If we're talking fantasy (and this whole board is just that) then the iMac is the ace card. Granted, the web speculation on the G5 is at a rolling boil, but the revised iMacs are so long overdue it's pathetic most drama for your buck, right there...
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Actually, I was thinking something like this:

Welcome to another MacWorld Expo. Typical attire, drinking his bottled water. Says Hi to the crowd.

He then gets inot it. Starts talking about how the stores are going so well. How they hit their mark of 25 stores by years end.

Then about the iPod, and he hints at something changing with it. He then talks about another iDevice. I am certain it is going to be the iCorder (or something to tahe effect). Crowd loves it.

He then talks about iPhoto. Someone on here talked about iPhotoDeluxePro or something like that. I like that idea. It goes well with where they are heading.

He then talks about the G5. I liked what that one person said about "hating to dissapoint all of you, so I won't". Although the pissing in their pants might be a tad extreme, hey it could happen.

Does his bake off with three apps. Photoshop (duh), CodeWarrior (and that would be an excellent bake off, using Java to keep the playing field even), and FrameRate test with QuakeIII, Unreal Tournament, and Alice. G5 stomps the hell out of the P4.

He then begins talking about 10.2 in March. How this will bring them to the 10 o'clock position. It is now very close, and all it needs are for the major software players to come aboard.

-- ONE MORE THING --

Overplayed, yes. But worth while. He says that the iMac has been a good friend for everyone. Now, he has grown up some, and is a great friend (or something like that). iMac2 with LCD display. On top of that, it is a G4, 933 or 1 GHz. (No, this isn't mindless speculation, just has the Appolo chip in there). And it will be seperated by the optical drive. CD-RW, Combo, and Super drives at 999, 1199, and 1399.

I think he might even add something about Gigawire and possibly USB2. However I don't see USB2 being a very key piece to the puzzle, unlike Firewire2 or Gigawire or whatever they decide to call it.

Take this as you will, but this would be an awesome MWSF Keynote. We will see on the 8th of January...
  • Reply 9 of 15
    "oh, and one more thing"

Steve drops a curtain to reveal a gallows with 5 nooses swaying to and fro. 5 men are herded onto the platform, their heads put in nooses, and with his hand on the lever, Steve explains,

"These are the men responsible for the G5 rumors. Since these bozos have committed a terrorist act against Apple, we thought it would be fitting to have a public execution at MWSF."

Steve throws the lever, the bodies drop and quiver, their legs kicking for a few seconds, then stillness falls.

"And yes, the rumors were true! Now for the Powermac G5, at 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, AND 1.8 GHZ!".
  • Reply 10 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>"oh, and one more thing"

Steve drops a curtain to reveal a gallows with 5 nooses swaying to and fro. 5 men are herded onto the platform, their heads put in nooses, and with his hand on the lever, Steve explains,

"These are the men responsible for the G5 rumors. Since these bozos have committed a terrorist act against Apple, we thought it would be fitting to have a public execution at MWSF."

Steve throws the lever, the bodies drop and quiver, their legs kicking for a few seconds, then stillness falls.

"And yes, the rumors were true! Now for the Powermac G5, at 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, AND 1.8 GHZ!".</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL!!! More Diet Mountain Dew almost out of the nose!! You ought to put a warning on your comments like that Dawg!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    PowerMacs stole the show in their last introduction. iBooks were before that, and TiBooks before that. It's the iMac's turn.

Something cool is coming down where the iMacs are concerned. *IF* they're LCD iMacs, I don't see how they could lower the prices any. They'd have to at least stay the same or get a bump -- unless they stay G3's.

*IF* a G5 is introduced, it won't be the "one last thing," but then again, I don't think they'll be introduced.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: CosmoNut ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Steve walks on stage: "Thanks very much for coming to the show today. We've got a lot of cool stuff to show you."

He starts talking about the Mac as a digital hub, and breaks the hub up into four sections :Music, Video, Still images and PDAs. He says that Apple has already done music, and is now looking at other products, first up: iCam: the Apple digital camera.

Slides show how the camera compares to others on the market , and list the features. Steve then say "I'd like to show this to you now." He walks over to the table with the camera, picks it up, and tries to turn it on.

But the camera won't turn on. This frustrates Steve immensly, so much so that the hurls it into the audience.

Unfortunately the camera hits a big burly guy sitting there. He runs up on stage and lynches Steve.

Ahhh, the fantasy MacWorld
  • Reply 13 of 15
    All of the of the G5 rumors are shown to be true DDR, GigaWire Clustering, Raycer BlitBlaster on the mainboard, ect ect

FAST = 1 Gig G5

FASTER = 1.5 Gig G5

FASTEST = 2.0 Gig G5

And "Oh one more thing":

Bob Barker Babe rolls out small table with black silk "tent", Steve whips it off to reveal most striking wide screen 15" LCD (from TiBook) on slick looking base containing SuperDrive and Built-in Airport. Powered by Apollo G4 @ 1GHz. Steve proceeds to Photoshop "Bake off" segway by bringing Adobe Rep onto stage to announce and show Photoshop X on new iMac vs. 2 GHz Pentium 4. The new iMac blows away the P4 and as it finishes, Steve plucks the screen from its base and walks over to the Adobe Rep, hands it to him, still running, and says " and this is our low end, think how bad we would have beat this P4 with our G5"! He then turns it vertically, with the display automatically adjusting to the orientation and hands it to the stunned and joyous audience for them to try out the touch screen control over OSX 1.2

edit: took out some aspects that may have violated my NDA

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Aphelion ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I always thought a cool bakeoff would be this:

Steve simply says "We have new PowerMacs, I'd like to show you something. Macs are not known for their gaming abilities, but today we'd like to change that."

The projection screen shows two instances of the Quake 3 title. We are told that "The one on the left is the low end PowerMac, the one on the right is a Pentium 4 2Ghz." The demo is started, with the Mac narrowly beating the Pentium. Steve states "That wasn't very impressive, was it? What is impressive is this:"

He walks over to the Mac Keyboard, and hits Apple-M.

Virtual PC goes back into windowed mode. The audience appluads wildly. Steve quits VPC, to reveal iTunes behind it, which is ripping a CD. The crowd cheers loudly.

Steve quits iTunes, to reveal Maya, rendering and compressing-to-video a scene from Monsters Inc.

Steve beams, and annouces "The PowerMac G5. It kicks ass."
  • Reply 15 of 15
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Since we're talking fantasy.

After the new iMac is demo'd Mr. Jobs says"Oh, and one more thing. (turning to the gofers, says bring em on).

Out come three new power macs covered by a satin sheet.

With great flair, Jobs removes the satin sheet revealing brand new form factor towers. As they boot up in a fraction of a second, Steve turns to the crowd," We at Apple have a suprise for everyone. AMD has licensed Altivec and is producing the CPU's inside. They have a 10 stage pipelines, 4 Altivec units, beefed up integer and floating point, use Rapid I/O, Hypertransport, manufactured on 0.1µ process w/ SOI."

"The low end tower runs @ 1.6GHz, the faster machine runs @ 2.0GHz. and the fastest is dual 1.8GHz."

"To keep the CPU's fed, all power mac's use 200MHz DDRsdram giving an effective bus of 400MHz."

"Apple has finally decided that it was imperative for the survival of the company to use CPU's manufactured by a company that gives a damn about the desktop market."

then the bake off blah, blah, blah.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: rickag ]

any more typos, etc. stay. no more edits

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: rickag ]</p>